Quantcast
NEW Ruger STRIKER FIRED LC9 - Page 3 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old August 1, 2014, 06:35 PM   #51
kcofohio

In the Gun Blast review, Jeff says he watch them being made in N. Carolina. Seems like they just acquired that facility not too long ago.
Old August 1, 2014, 09:34 PM   #52
Bush Pilot

I bit the bullet. I went into my LGS today and asked if they knew about the new striker fire LC9. They did and had one in stock. The operative word is "had", it now rests at my house. The trigger pull on this new gun is incredible compared to the older LC9. If I can get to the range over the weekend, I'll pass on my experience.
Old August 1, 2014, 09:46 PM   #53
JRH6856

Ironic. Remington botches the R51 made in North Carolina and then leaves the states. At the same time, Ruger expands in North Carolina and makes a gun that could easily take the place of the R51 in the market for all practical purposes.
War is when your government decides who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself.
Old August 2, 2014, 09:39 AM   #54
Bush Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRH6856 View Post
Ironic. Remington botches the R51 made in North Carolina and then leaves the states. At the same time, Ruger expands in North Carolina and makes a gun that could easily take the place of the R51 in the market for all practical purposes.
Is the new LC9 made in NC or Prescott, Az? I was under the impression that their semi-autos were made in Az.
Old August 2, 2014, 01:21 PM   #55
kcofohio

Bush Pilot, the video from Gun Blast, that was linked a few post back, has Jeff stating that he saw their production line in NC.

That doesn't mean that their solely produced there or not.
Old August 4, 2014, 03:53 PM   #56
Snubshooter

No LCI is a big plus and a better shorter trigger another big plus add in a good price point, HOME RUN! now dump the mag disconnect and you have a GRAND SLAM!!!
Old August 4, 2014, 09:06 PM   #57
popeye

Kimber tested the market with a striker fired polymer 9mm labeled KPD in '06. Ruger copied the design with the SR9. The striker fired LC9S is a inexpensive copy of the Kimber Solo. So it seems anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shot06_kimber1.jpg (42.0 KB, 12 views)
Old August 4, 2014, 11:03 PM   #58
TarDevil

We could probably do a page or two of "look alike" guns and "who copied who."

Personally, I don't think the LC9s even vaguely resembles the Solo. Just my opinion.
Old August 5, 2014, 06:18 AM   #59
rugerman07

I bought an LC9 a couple of months ago. I would have waited had I known Ruger had a new, improved version coming out soon. Will Ruger discontinue the original LC9? I'll bet it won't be worth much as a trade-in or re-sell.
Old August 5, 2014, 08:20 AM   #60
popeye

"We could probably do a page or two of "look alike" guns and "who copied who.""

Oh goody!! Could we?
Old August 5, 2014, 09:13 AM   #61
TarDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye View Post
"We could probably do a page or two of "look alike" guns and "who copied who.""

Oh goody!! Could we?
Heck, it would be fun!
Old August 5, 2014, 09:35 AM   #62
David E

I hate when the short reset is mentioned in the Gunblast video, then he makes no effort whatsoever to show us how good or short the reset is.

It LOOKED like the trigger had a lot of movement for a striker fired gun, but I can't tell how much is take up.

Of the two, Speed is the most decisive.

~ David E
Old August 5, 2014, 09:46 AM   #63
Orion8472

No, . . . the LC9s is nothing like the Solo.
Old August 5, 2014, 10:22 AM   #64
HOOfan_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by David E View Post
I hate when the short reset is mentioned in the Gunblast video, then he makes no effort whatsoever to show us how good or short the reset is.

It LOOKED like the trigger had a lot of movement for a striker fired gun, but I can't tell how much is take up.
Hopefully Hickok45 or MrGunsngear will get a hold of one and show us, they are both usually pretty good about that
Old August 5, 2014, 10:30 AM   #65
TarDevil

In a sister thread about the LC9s this video clearly demonstrates the takeup, overtravel and reset of the trigger (thanks, BLB68!)