Quantcast
EMP 1911 slide sticks, won't return to battery. - Page 2 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Gunsmithing and Repairs

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old August 7, 2014, 09:13 PM   #26
OneSevenDeuce

Yup, never had a hang up when pointed up. Am I right to think filing the locking lugs will solve this problem?
Old August 7, 2014, 09:42 PM   #27
BBBBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude Clay
most current model 1911's will have a ~hang-up at that spot when the slide is slowly manually closed. I forget what the name of the safety feature is, has to do with being in batter for the firing pin stop disconnect....
You are mistaken. No such feature on any 1911. Poor barrel fit or link too long more likely.
Old August 7, 2014, 10:22 PM   #28
orionengnr

Please, put away the Dremel, put away the Mother's, put away the file. If it's going that far forward, it has nothing to do with the feed ramp.
Send it to Springfield and make them fix it.

I had two EMPs--the second was a factory replacement for the first. I have told my story before--if you care to read it, do a search on my user id and "EMP".

Bottom line--both mine were troublesome little buggers. But Springfield worked hard to make it right, and mostly succeeded.

I bought mine when they first came out (early 2007, s/n 1073). Most of what I have read since then has been very positive, so I believe that Springfield has the EMP figured out by now. Their Customer Service is very good. You paid top dollar for the EMP; make Springfield earn their money.
Old August 8, 2014, 06:39 AM   #29
1911Tuner

Quote:
Yup, never had a hang up when pointed up. Am I right to think filing the locking lugs will solve this problem?
It's possible there's a mislocation of the lugs...slide or barrel...but not likely. Don't file the lugs in any event. I'd let Springfield own it.

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

-your faithful dog-

[/i]
http://www.collierescue.net/available/index.html

To see my real work:

http://www.pets-r-great.org:80/magaz...ue1/cover.html
Old August 11, 2014, 02:42 PM   #30
OneSevenDeuce

Ok, it's on its way back to SA.