Quantcast
green dot no more? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old August 11, 2014, 07:18 PM   #1
deadeye dick

green dot no more?

Heard at the gun show yesterday that green dot has gone the way of the DoDo bird, Is that true? Said it hasen't been made since 2013.
Old August 11, 2014, 09:35 PM   #2
chrisgo

I just bought 16 lbs of it at wideners last month.
One of the most popular shotgun powders out there.
I doubt it's goin anywhere.
Old August 11, 2014, 09:48 PM   #3
KansasSasquatch

The only powders I've heard of going away were a few IMR pistol powders and Win AA Lite and Win 780. I've seen no mention of any Alliant powders going away, but besides a few pounds of Power Pistol I passed up on I haven't seen any Alliant pistol powder in person in over a year.
Old August 11, 2014, 09:51 PM   #4
ArchAngelCD

More gun show blah blah blah I see!

If Green Dot is still listed on the Alliant site, it's still available.
http://alliantpowder.com/products/shotshell.aspx
Old August 11, 2014, 10:00 PM   #5
midland man

god I hope not I use it all the time!!
Old August 11, 2014, 10:06 PM   #6
bluetopper

Hasn't been made since 2013? Has any of them been made since 2013? I've heard it's because people buy up all stock being made, but I never hear of any, people have seen for sale.
Old August 11, 2014, 10:34 PM   #7
grubbylabs

Wow people think about it. Lots of powders are in high demand. People think that just because their favorite powder is not on the shelf it's not made any more.
Old August 11, 2014, 11:55 PM   #8
TenRing

Fin Feather Fur says "They still make it". So it is, like every other popular powder, in short supply.
Reload & Shoot Safely.
Old August 12, 2014, 12:00 AM   #9
32_d3gr33s

lol green dot is high on a list of popular powders... the only way i see it going anywhere is if they improve on it...
Old August 12, 2014, 11:44 AM   #10
SlamFire1

Alliant still lists Green Dot:

http://www.alliantpowder.com/product...green_dot.aspx

When Alliant says it is dead, then I will believe it is dead.

If the last it was made was in 2013, so what? These powders are made in batch lots, if you look at how many different types of powder Alliant makes, going from A to Z, it may be awhile till they come around the alphabet again.