Quantcast
Armasight Orion 4x Gen+1 vs Yukon 2.5x Night Vision - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Shooting Activities and Venues > Hunting

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old August 13, 2014, 08:19 AM   #1
Dean1818

Armasight Orion 4x Gen+1 vs Yukon 2.5x Night Vision

Ok, THR folks.......

Both have a similar price
Both are in the price range that I want to pay (kids in college)
(So..... I get it, GEN2, 3, and 4 ARE better... But..... No bueno, for mi dinero)

Which would you buy, and why?

Use is for up to 60-70 yard shots at Texas boars....

On a 6.8SPC AR15

Buying American Made While I Still Can

What Non-Shooter are you planning to take to the range?..... Win hearts and minds.... One at a time!
Old August 13, 2014, 09:32 AM   #2
LemmyCaution

Having already owned a Gen1, I would not do it again. Frankly, my natural night vision is better than Gen1, with a broader field of view and binocular capability.

In my opinion, Gen1 is useless without an illuminator, but the illuminator is also useless in wooded or brushy areas, because the illuminator blooms on the brush/branches and everything hiding in them remains in darkness.

Save your money, or at least don't waste it.

That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State - and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power.
-Article 16th, The Vermont Constitution
Old August 30, 2014, 06:44 PM   #3
Radagast
Contributing Member

Look for the Yukon Photon, also sold as the Sightmark Photon in the USA. Its a digital scope rather than tubed and will set you back less than $600.

Review of three main digital NV scoped here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzv1NaDfsTw

This youtube channel from THR member bennybone has several review videos under US conditions:
https://www.youtube.com/user/bennybone1981/videos