Quantcast
Gun Belts - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Holsters and Accessories

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old August 21, 2014, 10:00 PM   #1
DFisher3112

Gun Belts

For all you that carry IWB, what kind of belt do you use? It seems that many people say that having a good gun belt is necessary when carrying IWB holster. I've looked around at all kinds of belts but wanted to see what or who you all preferred when it came to belts.

Some of the choices I have looked at included Comp-Tac, CrossBreed, and SOE's EDC Belt with Cobra Buckle (HERE)
Old August 21, 2014, 10:05 PM   #2
Doc7
Contributing Member

I have a Beltman and it is great.
Old August 21, 2014, 10:29 PM   #3
herrwalther

I recently upgraded my belt from a Gould and Goodrich Security Pro to a Desantis Econobelt. Made a world of difference since I carry full size firearms constantly.
Old August 21, 2014, 10:40 PM   #4
jmorris

I used these for years.

http://www.thewilderness.com/tactica...structor-belt/

Have been using these for the last 5 years or so. They cost less, used to be a lot less, and are a bit stiffer.

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/139...ProductFinding

Last edited by jmorris; August 22, 2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old August 21, 2014, 10:44 PM   #5
Rat Robb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc7 View Post
I have a Beltman and it is great.
This.

It doesn't matter if its OWB or IWB, you need a quality belt. I would actually say that I benefitted more from my Beltman when I started carrying OWB.

-Robb
Old August 21, 2014, 10:51 PM   #6
Teachu2

I own a pair of gunbelts from http://www.ferraraleather.com/, a black and a brown. I'd buy another without hesitation.
Old August 21, 2014, 11:18 PM   #7
The Lone Haranguer

I have a Beltman for leather and a Wilderness Products 5-stitch "Instructor" for nylon. I've worn - but not necessarily carried guns on all the time - the Beltman since 2006 and it shows no abnormal wear. The Velcro on the end of the WP belt, purchased around the same time, is starting to "frazzle" a little, but the rest of it is fine. The WP belt, if it goes with your dress/social situation, has the advantage of infinite adjustability.
Old August 22, 2014, 12:58 AM   #8
zerobarrier
Contributing Member

A thick leather belt 1.5-1.75" wide.

This one I have heard is good: http://shop.simplyrugged.com/ecommer...194&parent=670

This one I use almost everyday and I carry either a full size 1911, S&W M69, or Taurus 455:http://www.mernickleholsters.com/pb/pb1.html they do have other styles if you want. I have it in brown

For a black belt I use this one: http://www.bostonleather.com/content...-stitched-belt It works good, a lot cheaper then the other 2. I think it was $28 at my LGS

I also carry 2 mags or speed loaders on the belt as well
Old August 22, 2014, 06:05 AM   #9
fletcher

Also use a Beltman belt for carry. Been wearing it as my daily belt for ~5 years and it has been great.
Old August 22, 2014, 06:18 AM   #10
DeepSouth

Another beltman here

I've been wearing the same beltman belt for about 5ish years and still love it. It's just as stiff as when I bought it. I wear it daily as a matter of fact it's my only belt but I only wear it when I have pants on.
Proverbs 19:11...Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.
Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns, is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids...
Old August 22, 2014, 07:10 AM   #11
Vodoun da Vinci

Another vote for Wilderness Tactical...I use the Frequent Flyer belt as I think it looks more casual and less tactical with jeans and casual wear.

Can't say enough good things about the Wilderness Tactical belts. Super stiff and supportive, easy to adjust, and durable.

VooDoo
Beretta Px4 9mm subcompact, Glock 26 Gen4, Dan Wesson 15-2VH .357 Magnum, Ruger LCR .38 Special +P, Colt 1903 Model M .32ACP, Ruger 3 screw Blackhawk .357 Magnum, Ruger Bearcat .22, S&W Model 19 .357 Magnum, Colt Officers ACP .45, Glock 42
Old August 22, 2014, 08:07 AM   #12
LeftyTSGC

I got mine thru rick, check out his site, he provides personal service at great value.

http://www.rgleather.freehomepage.com/

rickg48@bex.net

I bought two belts a black and brown in thick leather plus a pancake holster and Mag holder.

Lefty
Old August 22, 2014, 09:16 AM   #13
HexHead

Galco Cop Belt. Been wearing it every day since 2007.

"And a bayonet Sir! With some guts behind it!" (CS Bourne)
Old August 22, 2014, 10:09 AM   #14
627PCFan

I own 3 beltmans
Old August 22, 2014, 11:00 AM   #15
bigfatdave

I have 2 beltman belts and 1 crossbreed belt

the CB belt is nice, but not AS NICE - it is a work belt now while I use the BM belts for out in the real world

Really, stop reading this and write your legislators, at all levels
Old August 22, 2014, 11:47 AM   #16
Spats McGee

I've had an Aker B21 for about 3 years and a DeSantis Econobelt for, oh, maybe 6-8 months. Both work very well. I carry both IWB and OWB (but not at the same time). Having a good belt built for the purpose of carrying the weight of a gun makes a huge difference.
Old August 22, 2014, 12:05 PM   #17
Louca

+1 for The Beltman. Good quality and good people.

Having a good belt and holster (I have a Bladetech) will allow for a solid feel on the draw, as opposed to feeling like you are first pulling your pants up and dragging the piece out of your pants.

If/when I ever get another belt, it will be from them and I will have it be just a tad longer and will opt for holes 3/4-inches apart.

Lou
Old August 22, 2014, 01:26 PM   #18
jolly roger

Aker B21 here also. Reasonably priced and good
Old August 24, 2014, 03:07 AM   #19
Phaedrus/69

I have a couple of 1.5" gunbelts from Bullhidebelts.com. I have been very happy with the belts and the service if fast and professional. That said I would like to eventually get something a little nicer. Mine look very good but I bought them before I knew much about gun belts. I still think they're a good choice for the money and they've held up well, but I think a double-layer belt will probably last longer. And a custom maker will have more buckle and trim options. Again, I'm perfectly happy with the ones I have but down the road I will probably get something a bit "ritzier".

I think I'll probably get one from Armour Belts next. Mike will make about anything you want and he told me he could do a custom hole configuration. The only thing that has me waiting is that I've been shedding weight and working out. I don't want to get a semi-expensive belt and have it be too big in six months. They will do more holes in closer spacing and even a hybrid (regular spacing with a few extra holes more closely spaced, to give a bit more options). I like this since I usually carry IWB but do sometimes wear an OWB holster. More adjustment would be great to accommodate both kinds of rigs.
Old August 24, 2014, 01:39 PM   #20
Wyatt

I bought 2 from A&G a couple years ago and will buy from them again when these wear out. As I recall, they are in the $75 - $90 range
Old August 24, 2014, 06:59 PM   #21
JDGray

Ares Ranger
http://www.laruetactical.com/ranger-belt-ares-gear
Old August 24, 2014, 11:05 PM   #22
welldoya

I've bought several nice thick belts from Cabelas on sale in the $20-$30 range. I'm not destitute but can't see paying $70+ for a belt. I've gotten both leather and nylon and they work fine.
Old August 25, 2014, 08:52 AM   #23
JTQ

Quote:
welldoya wrote,
I've bought several nice thick belts from Cabelas on sale in the $20-$30 range. I'm not destitute but can't see paying $70+ for a belt. I've gotten both leather and nylon and they work fine.
A worthwhile point.

It is a matter of perspective and what gun you are carrying. If you are carrying a Ruger LCP, or a Glock 26, or even up to a G19/17 you could probably get away with any belt. On the other hand, if you are carrying a Government size 1911 or a S&W Model 29, a gun belt makes a huge difference.

I have a very nice thick Cabela's belt. In comparison to even an inexpensive option like a Wilderness 5-stitch Instructor belt, the Cabela's belt is like a wet noodle. A gun belt makes a huge difference and is worth whatever they cost.
Old August 25, 2014, 11:38 AM   #24
mikey98e

I have a couple from Crossbreed that work fine. One is the plain 1.25" the other is the fancy dress 1.5".
-mike
Old August 25, 2014, 11:44 AM   #25
340PD

Rick Garcia. Think about seven holes with 3/4" spacing. You get lots of adjust-ability.

http://www.rgleather.freehomepage.com/

Last edited by 340PD; August 25, 2014 at 02:22 PM.