Quantcast
Received Alien Gear 2.0 Holster - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Holsters and Accessories

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old August 31, 2014, 07:23 PM   #1
AZ PAUL

Received Alien Gear 2.0 Holster

I received my Alien Gear 2.0 Holster today. I ordered the holster August 3rd and received it yesterday, August 30th. The holster holds a Sig Sauer P229.

I immediately put it on to wear it around the house. It was surprisingly comfortable to wear for being brand new. I wore it for about 6 hours yesterday, and then wore it again to church, with my shirt tucked in. By the end of church, I could barely feel it. I am now going on 10 hours of wearing it today and already loving it. I am in Phoenix and have been outside for at least 2 hours straight today and still have no complaints. I will keep all posted but at this point, I am very satisfied with this holster.
Old August 31, 2014, 07:54 PM   #2
chaddy

I got mine too but it's like the 7 other iwb I got it pulls the right side of my pants down.
Old September 1, 2014, 12:43 AM   #3
AZ PAUL

What kind of belt are you wearing it on? I am using a 1.5" Beltman belt and I am not having any issues at all. I wore it from 6 a.m. Until 9:30 pm without any complaints.
Old September 1, 2014, 09:53 PM   #4
chaddy

Them belts you put your name on the back. This is a xds 45 too so I don't know what to do
Old September 1, 2014, 10:17 PM   #5
smalls

Quote:
Them belts you put your name on the back. This is a xds 45 too so I don't know what to do
Buy a gun belt. Belts hold your pants up. The holster holds your gun, a gun belt will hold your gun up. Proper tools for certain tasks.
Old September 7, 2014, 11:11 PM   #6
KevinB

AZ PAUL,

I'm really interested in this holster, how had it been going to you with a little carry time? Have you had any of the leather backed hybrids? How does this compare? Thanks for posting the review, pics would be great!
Old September 8, 2014, 11:11 PM   #7
primalmu

I just recently purchased my first belt gun. There truly is no substitute. At $40 on eBay (http://stores.ebay.com/Texas-Gunslin...p2047675.l2563) there's absolutely no reason not to have one...
Old September 17, 2014, 07:09 AM   #8
TRX

> it pulls the right side of my pants down.

I used to wonder why some people carried that seemed to be excessive amounts of spare ammunition. Then I found that in some cases its primary purpose was to balance the weight of the gun.
Old September 18, 2014, 10:14 AM   #9
AZ PAUL

It's been holding up great. I have carried it daily now and no complaints. I have not had any of the leather backed ones so I cannot compare to them.
Old September 18, 2014, 11:07 AM   #10
HRnightmare

Quote:
I got mine too but it's like the 7 other iwb I got it pulls the right side of my pants down.
Buy a quality belt
Old September 18, 2014, 11:09 AM   #11
HRnightmare

I received an email from them saying "we havent forgotten about you" I think I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago.

I heard they are not putting the Alien head logo on them anymore? I hope not, I think its goofy.
Old September 18, 2014, 01:51 PM   #12
brbdwyr

I bought one of their first ones for my Taurus Poly Protector when they were in their infancy. They were the only manufacturers that I could find of holsters specific for the Poly, and I could not be happier with mine. Back then they were feebay only, and I rec'd mine in about 3 days. I love the adjustability of retention that this one offers with the many rubber bushings that they sent along. One of the most comfy carry rigs that I own.

(and the handle of that snubbie blends right in with my beer-fueled muffin top).

I have another manufacturer's leather/kydex hybrid for my CZ82, and while a nice quality holster, the kydex needs to be trimmed back a bit and I haven't gotten to it yet.