The building occupied by the store started out in 1947 as "Beachcombers Restaurant" and was situated on pilings over the water of the Potomac River. This was desirable, since its off-shore status exempted it from rather stringent Virginia alcohol laws. In the early 50s the restaurant folded and the building was occupied by Interarmco, and set up shop as a retail store for new and surplus weapons. Interarmco sold the building in 2006, and today it houses a boat club. Note that the outdoor balcony still remains.