Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Army buying civilian ammo !

Discussion in 'General Gun Discussions' started by krupparms, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krupparms

    krupparms Member

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2010
    Messages:
    1,044
    Location:
    OR. / State of Jefferson.
    Army buying civilian rounds like .25acp., .44spl.,.41mag. ect.! Why are they buying these rounds? This information came from someone who works for the Army procurement office, in the section where the contracts are processed. They also mentioned the (MRAPs) & some other issues. Even the people that work there are finding theses procurements unusual! I believe that it is Backdoor gun control but that is JMO. I just wish I had more money when it was around. Then I could have stockpiled it also! And I feel it makes the case stronger that the government is up to something. Like I said JMO!
     
  2. joeschmoe

    joeschmoe Member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2012
    Messages:
    1,291
    Then that info would be public record. We have not seen any such records. Assume it's more myth and hype. Ammo makers (Hornady) state government purchases are less than 5% of their volume. We are the other 95%.
     
  3. alsaqr

    alsaqr Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2007
    Messages:
    3,351
    Location:
    South Western, OK
    Dust off the double layer tinfoil hat with ultrasonic hearing protection. :D

    AAFES buys lots of ammo for sale through the PX/BX system.
     
  4. Sam1911

    Sam1911 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2007
    Messages:
    33,736
    Location:
    Central PA
    The army is buying .41 Mag?

    Provide us with one single verifiable source that shows the Army has bought A SINGLE round of .41 Magnum, and I'll reopen the thread.

    Dude, even Alex Jones doesn't claim THIS! LOL! :D


    ...

    EDIT to Add: Actually, this provides another opportunity to encourage folks to be their own "sniff testers." When you hear something so blazingly outlandish as this, don't just rush to your favorite forum and post it. Do as much research as you can on your own, try to find something verifiable to prop up the nutty story you just heard, and remember that there have been daft and crazy rumors even since before god created gun shop counters. Like Smokey Bear once said (paraphrasing), "Only YOU can prevent the spread of 'FUD!' (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt)
     
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page