I put best in quotes because obviously it's tough to pick one single "best" of anything. Still, maybe a short list? What are the top 1-6x or 1-8x LPVOs available for $1,500 or less? Some of my criteria:
- Either 30mm or 34mm.
- Daylight bright would be good but not a dealbreaker. Motion activation of lume a bonus.
- Good FoV @1x, not as concerned about the FoV at high mag.
- Forgiving eye box.
- KISS/clean reticle. Concerned about quick target acquisition at closer range. BDC of some kind if okay if it's not too "busy".
- High build quality, durable aka "duty grade".
- Primarily to be used for HD/general purpose use at ranges from 7 meters to 250 meters, occasional shots to 500 meters.