1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C&R Question

Discussion in 'General Gun Discussions' started by Trempel, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trempel

    Trempel Member

    Jul 3, 2003
    My C&R expired, and I haven't re-applied yet. In California, can I sell a C&R rifle to another person who also does not have a C&R, without going through a dealer? I'm thinking that the answer is no.
    How about if the other person does have a C&R license?
  2. Valkman

    Valkman Member

    Jul 31, 2003
    North Las Vegas, NV
    I don't think so either, as the non-FFL buyer would have to fill out form 4473 to own the gun, and that has to be done at a gun dealer. I don't know about the second question - I'd ask a dealer.
  3. Jim K

    Jim K Member

    Dec 31, 2002
    First, does CA recognize a Collectors FFL in any way, for any purpose? If not, then you may not be able to legally receive any firearm from out of state on the license, and in the state you are an individual and must comply with all applicable laws. I think you need to learn the state law; from what I read that is not easy, but asking legal questions on a web site is not a good way to get valid answers. Going by the responses may be a good way to get into trouble, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page