1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CA gun laws in brief

Discussion in 'Legal' started by AF_INT1N0, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AF_INT1N0

    AF_INT1N0 Member

    Mar 31, 2004
    Hey guys.. It looks more and more like I will be going to (Northern) California.

    I have a few questions, I am in the Air Force, and THIS Move is Not my choice so I don't want to here from the OMG Don't move to the PRK folks. It's this move or Jail!!!! I already know that I don't want to move there...

    anyway what do I do about my weapons. I have a few Normal Capacity (read not crippled) magazines and an AR-15 clone.

    2. What do I do for carry.

    3. Where is a good place to live around the Travis area. (read affordable, decent chance of getting a CCW without being a famous moonbat, less gang activity.)

    4. what about knives, shotguns??

    5. Should I just go to jail?? j/k kidding on the last one 9but only just)

    I would like to keep this as informative as possible so you guys living in Alaska , Vermont, Arizona, Utah, And Florida, that are inevitably gonna tell me that I should just go buy one of Mao's little red books, please refrain just this once.

    Don't get me wrong I love a good Kali bashing as much as the next guy, but I really don't need it in this thread..

    Thanks everyone.

  2. Librarian

    Librarian Member

    Oct 14, 2003
    Concord, CA
    Major source for CA laws: CAL DOJ

    If you are coming here to live, you MAY NOT bring in magazines with a capacity > 10.

    If the AR-clone has anything like "AR" stamped on it, you may not bring it in.

    If it matches any of this:
    you may not bring it in.

    The usual advice is to store that stuff out of state - parents, a really good friend, someone you trust.

    Carry? Near Travis? It is to laugh. Or cry. Generally speaking, if a county in CA has 100,000 or more, CCW is difficult if not effectively impossible. See http://www.packing.org/state/california/ Travis is in Solano County; theoretically you could live in Napa or San Joaquin, but the commute would kill you.

    Knives: no concealed fixed-blades, FOLDED folders are not 'dirks or daggers', mostly they are a non-issue unless you consort with gangs.

    Shotguns: a couple are defined as CA 'assault weapons'
    and semi-autos with detachable magazines are AWs.

    Welcome to California. The earthquakes are usually not too bad, but the legislators are.
  3. georgeduz

    georgeduz Member

    Dec 6, 2005
    peoples republic of nj
    its alot like nj law,my nj legal ar, no baynet lug,no threaded barrel,10 round mags only,no blocked mags.
  4. boofus

    boofus Guest

    Just sell your guns, cut your nuts off, don a pink tutu, learn to speak Spanish, buy a crate of KY jelly and get the pain over with.
  5. racenutz

    racenutz Member

    Nov 3, 2003
    Bellevue, NE
  6. torpid

    torpid Member

    Aug 12, 2004
    CA coast

    Apparently you also needed to name Texas in that list, AF_INT1N0... :rolleyes:

    On the constructive side, here's great info from Jim March regarding knife carry laws in CA:

  7. Mark in California

    Mark in California Member

    May 15, 2004
    Eureka, CA

    Since you are in the military, you can get permission to bring assualt weapons into California. You must applie to DOJ BEFORE you enter the state. If you leave the sevice here, the weapons must leave the state. You will not be able to bring in any mags that hold more than ten rounds. All handguns brought into the state must be disclosed to the state within a short time and a entry fee paid. I think?? it is $19 for all handguns listed.
  8. Gray Peterson

    Gray Peterson Member

    Dec 24, 2002
    Lynnwood, Washington
    As far as CCW is concerned

    If Travis is in Solano County, you're hosed. That is considered a "Red County, impossible to get" county according to Packing.org.

    However, if you're willing to live in Yolo County, you have a chance for CCW (It's about 20 miles away in West Sacto). That's indicated as a Green County. Yolo has a 1 year residency requirement, but if it's due to military PCS orders, you might be able to ask to have it waived.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page