1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enfield No.1 Mk III SMLE Upper rear hand-guard?

Discussion in 'Rifle Country' started by Chase., Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chase.

    Chase. Member

    Feb 23, 2011
    I have asked before about my Lithgow Enfield No.1 Mk III SMLE... and I have another question. My SMLE is quite nice as it is in very good condition, and has all matching serial numbers. Over the past couple of weeks I have managed to collect all the matching sling, oiler, pull through, bayonet, scabbard, etc. I managed to find all Lithgow, or Aussie, pieces that matched the year of manufacture of my gun :).
    The only thing my gun is missing is the C clip(s) on the upper rear hand-guard. The hand-guard itself is completely intact. I was unable to find an original coachwood replacement so I purchased an original british hand-guard that was in bad shape (missing the fingers/prongs, and has a central crack) for five dollars with the intention of switching the C clip over to my existing hand-guard. Unfortunately the clips are attached with brass rivets rather than screws. Does anyone have a clever way of removing and attaching the clips... or any way of purchasing rivets/clips that would be easy to attach to my upper rear hand-guard?

    Pics of these hand-guards can be seen here

  2. DougW

    DougW Member

    Mar 16, 2004
    North Texas
    I would suggest contacting Springfield Sporters for a new lower handguard. The change of the clips is going to be tough.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page