A few years ago I got a set of Ahrends Boot Grips for my S&W 3-incher (upper left in top photo). They turned out not to fit my hand that well so I went to work with a wood rasp and sandpaper (lower left)). Fit my hand perfectly but were still too slick to feel like I had a sure grip. Then yesterday I got the bright idea to take a wood burning tool to them. It was an experiment but, for me, the results were outstanding They now provide a secure grip but there are no sharp edges to snag on. [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] In case anybody is interested, after I was through burning them I cleaned them with some grain alcohol and a toothbrush and then applied several coats of water based polyurethane (which is what I was told Ahrend's uses).