Discussion in 'General Gun Discussions' started by frogfurr, Jun 6, 2021.
Any of Nock's "Screwless lock" pieces.
New Land Pattern Musket
Harpers Ferry Model of 1803
Winchester M1895 Lee-Navy
Remington Model 10
Browning Hi Power
Walther P88, as with the 469....no plastic!
1910 Colt Commercial ?
3rd Gen S&W, or heck, put a metal backstrap on. I own a few Smiths, including a 39-2. They are nice guns. Who really cares about the safety on the slide? Beretta has done it for years
Star; I own a few. And whether it's one of the SA guns, or their DA/SA (I have a 30MI), they are nice. The BM is great, the Supers are great. A BM Super would have been neat.
SKS-- ha ha that's crazy! But wait, hear me out. 95% are old surplus, with the remaining 5% being cheap Norinco commercial stuff. That's fine, the design is outdated for modern military use. But imagine the concept, if you will, of Zastava, maybe, reintroducing it, and in several calibers beyond 7.62x39. Heck, a factory version could go UP the ladder in caliber, not just down. You could go .308 if you like, the design is rugged enough. If you want to stay Russian, then you could go 7.62x54R with it.
the Savage pistol design. I have a 32, and I know they made lots of 380. I also know they made a 45 for the trials, and it came reasonably close to becoming the 1911. It would be interesting to see that design revived.
Too many small hand fitted parts. The action may be butter smooth but the receiver has too many large openings (the magazine assembly for one) that it lacks the structural rigidity to handle high pressure rounds like a 308. Look at a stripped Krag receiver and you will see what I mean. A Krag in 308 would be a beautiful thing.....but it probably wouldn't work.
Marlin 1895 cowboy in 45-70
AMT Automag II
Winchester or Rossi 62 (not the new god awful ugly Rossi 62)
Marlin 336 in stainless with half mag and 24 in barrel
Ruger 10/22 in .22 WMR.
edit.. saw a 720 on Gunbroker for 7500..
Broomhandle Mauser in 9mm (I swear you'd think Umarex would make a 22 version by now, it would sell like crazy)
Colt Viper (saw one in rough shape this past week, still $2500)
Colt Lightning rifles
FN hi power
grade, 375 H&H magnum. JM
Hmm, working the bolt & slide with .22lr might mean needing some light materials, but, it could be very cool.
But, no sale unless we get a holster stock as well 
Pedersoli makes repros of the Colt Lightning rifles. So does .... or did .... Taurus ~ ~ ~ but I'd stay far away from those.
The 284Win in a 88 and a 100. 338 in a olden blue 70 CRF. A Win 1897.
Separate names with a comma.