1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me get a grip!

Discussion in 'Handguns: Revolvers' started by spin180, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spin180

    spin180 Member

    Dec 30, 2002
    I need some help finding a seemingly obscure grip.

    A friend of mine has an older Rossi revolver, specifically a model M877. The gun is actually still produced as a Rossi, with a different model designation, and imported/sold by Braztech International.

    Here's a link to it on Rossi's site:

    Rossi R462

    The grips are a soft rubber, similar to a Hogue Monogrip. A section of the grips on his gun have either dry-rotted or been broken down by some chemical means and are cracking & breaking apart.

    I've been searching for a few months now trying to find a replacement. I have been periodically checking Gunbroker, GunsAmerica, eBay, various classifieds, etc. I've also checked places like Numrich, CDNN, Brownells, MidwayUSA, Pachmayr, and Hogue. All of my searching has yielded nothing. I can't seem to find an original or suitable aftermarket replacement.

    Anyone have an idea where I might find these things?

    I must admit, I've been putting off contacting the present-day Braztech-owned Rossi Corp. to see if they might sell me a set of current production grips. I guess I just don't have much hope of that actually happening. Particularly since they state they only offer service/support for BrazTech imported guns; which my friend's gun is not. I guess I'll try them next week, anyway.

    Still, if y'all can offer me any assistance on this, I'd really appreciate it.


Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page