1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help with cc

Discussion in 'Legal' started by Madjohn, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madjohn

    Madjohn Member

    Nov 7, 2008
    i was wondering a couple of things.
    1. does a handgun permit cover other things like knives and batons?
    2.im taking a course this summer for handguns and i was wondering if if would pass to let me cc in states like Delaware http://www.fireinstitute.org/.
    3.what gun would people recommend i carry. im looking for a small revolver/automatic in 38sp/9mm.
  2. Sam1911

    Sam1911 Moderator

    Oct 22, 2007
    Central PA
    The rules regarding what you can carry with or without a license are going to be different in every state. They are, in fact, HIGHLY variable. Some states are perfectly happy to allow you to carry a firearm, but not knives of certain kinds, or not batons or various martial arts weapons.

    More often than not, whether you have a licesne to carry a gun doesn't effect the legal status of other kinds of weapons at all.

    Until you've read the law for the state you plan to carry in, you can't make a blanket statement.

    Ditto for states that have a requirement for training before issuing a license. Call the training company you're looking into and ask them specifically if their course meets the requirements of the state from which you'd like a CCW permit/license.

    What kind of gun to carry -- with your crieteria being .38 or 9mm and revolver or auto? Well, off the top of my head I'd say Glock, Springfield, S&W, EAA/CZ, Ruger, Khar, FNH, H&K, Kel-Tec, Taurus, Steyr, Charter Arms, Star, etc., etc. Seriously, anything that proves itself reliable after 500 or so rounds without failure, anything that you can make quick hits with at reasonable distances, and anything you can carry comfortably using an appropriate belt and good holster.

  3. franconialocal

    franconialocal Member

    Oct 21, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Do your homework. I doubt it covers things other than just firearms. In NH it's a "Pistol/Revolver Lic." ONLY. That means long guns are NOT covered (You cannot have a loaded long gun in your veh.) and does not cover "extras" like you are talking about. Your state may be different.

    Your state should have all the RSA's posted on line. Make sure you research this fully. It may help to stop by the local State Police barracks or local PD to talk to an officer just to clarify.

    Good luck!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page