I'm thinking of turning my PLR-16 into a SBR

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms and Accessories' started by Mooseman, Jul 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mooseman

    Mooseman Member

    Aug 15, 2005
    Just outside of Philadelphia
    Obviously I won't buy anything until the proper paperwork has been filed.

    2 questions

    1. What are my choices for a stock adapter? I've seen people use the charlie stock but the setup looks a little uncomfortable. I've also seen Kel-Tec makes a stock adapter but I don't need a new grip, just the metal pieces that attach to it.

    2. where can you get the polymer frame engraved? I'd rather have it done locally. What kinds of places could do this?

  2. USAF_Vet

    USAF_Vet Member

    Jan 6, 2011
    Hastings, Michigan
    I don't know about stock adapters.

    Call around to trophy shops, they do a lot of custom engraving. Ask the manager if they do anything for engraving guns. Not something you can drop off and pick up later so you'd probably have to wait.

    If you have an engraver at home, the process is pretty simple but it probably won't look as good. Type up the info on your computer, in the font you want, print it out and tape it to the area you are engraving, then trace over it with your engraver. Simply, and as local as you can get. And best of all, free.

    I'd also assume and NFA dealers would be able to do engraving also, if you have any nearby.
  3. zerobarrier
    • Contributing Member

    zerobarrier Contributing Member

    Nov 17, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Trophy shops/bowling shops will probably be the cheapest, at least in my area. The trophy shop in my area charges $7 to do it, while the first one I got engraved the dealer did it for $75. You can pretty much buy a cheap hand engraver for that price.
  4. Aaron Baker

    Aaron Baker Member

    Mar 20, 2008
    Lexington, KY
    Doesn't have to be the frame that's engraved, either. You may engrave on the barrel, so if there's metal barrel exposed, that may be the way to go.

  5. yugorpk

    yugorpk member

    Jul 9, 2008
    Veritas machine $50 . Quality work . Ive got three that were done on the bottom lip of the mag well and blackened. You wouldnt see it if I didnt point it out to you.
  6. MasterSergeantA

    MasterSergeantA Member

    Nov 21, 2008
    Arizona Territory
    There are a couple of threads on the KelTec Owner's Group forum that address these questions specifically. http://www.thektog.org/forum/f93/ Might be worth a look. The only adapter I know of is the one KelTec sells. I don't use the standard grip on mine, but I think that is the only way they sell it. You might want to call them; their customer service is pretty good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice