Here's my upgrade from the oak block, which works well, but will wear in time like you can see in the pictures in the other thread.Also, I didn't want to put all of this in the other thread because it would make it a little confusing if it isn't already In these pictures at the bottom I used a 7/8" x 1"piece of cold rolled steel. You can cut it a little longer if you want but not longer than the bit you use to drill through it. Drill a hole in the center, all the way through it. Bevel one end of the hole 45 degrees . This will help the disk of copper or aluminum (which ever you choose) to form into the hole. You can see this in the picture.I Use a rod from an old sink (the drain linkage rod that go's up n down) to push the disks into the hole in the die . With this one, you push the cap to the very end . Put it on top of a smooth hard piece of steel (or other smooth hard surface) and give the rod a hit or two.This gives the cap a nice flat "striking end". I made about 30 caps with it and it's a lot faster than picking out caps from the wooden block ! I'll still keep one of those around though. But this steel one is much faster and makes excellent caps. If you make one correctly and try this out , practice with it and don't get discouraged.It took me a while to get fast at making them. Ask me questions about this and I'll get back to you.Thanks for reading this -ron my camera does what it wants to. I need a new one !