After a few 3 years of shooting "patterns" instead of groups I finally convinced him to let me see if we could figure this gun out with handloads. It definitely helped, but when I say help, I mean shrunk 6" groups to 2-3". His confidence was further shaken that deer season after missing a deer at under 100yds. Enter this year... I offered to bed his rifle... I had personally never studied the inside of a patriot before, but after I did I am still amazed (not in a good way) at what they designed. That plastic magwell/bedding block is a complete joke and the wood stock felt kinda soft. I could never get a repeatable torque on action screws, so I added brass pillars front and back. Then the rear screw was still inconsistent due to the plastic trigger guard, so I made a new one from aluminum bar stock (the finish turned out ok, but I'm a farmer with no lathe or mill, not a fulltime maxhinist). Finally... consistent action torque... and wouldn't ya know... after a seating depth tweak as well... shooting maybe a little over 1 inch groups now. Turned out pretty good, but had this not been a gun with alot of sentimental value to him, I would have encouraged him more to replace it haha.