1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving (changing address) during an NFA wait period

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms and Accessories' started by Narwhal, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narwhal

    Narwhal Member

    Feb 8, 2010

    I've had been waiting on the ATF for a few months now to review the paperwork for a machine gun I pruchased back in July. They cahsed the $200 check on August 2nd.

    Unfortunately I need to move to another city (within the same state (TX)) due to work. Is this going to cause any issues with my paperwork and what do I need to do in order to make sure I don't mess up the process. Driving back to the dealer in my original town when the paperwork is finished is not going to be a problem.

  2. rjrivero

    rjrivero Member

    Jan 5, 2009
    Not a problem. You have two choices: 1) Call the NFA and let them know you had to move. They will give you instructions on how you can update your Tax Stamp Application package.

    2) Wait until your Stamp comes back to your dealer, then send in a 5320.20 for permanent change of address. The turn around on the 5320.20 is less than 30 days.

    Do you need the phone number?
    304-616-4500 Make sure you have the serial number of your Title II firearm handy.

  3. Prince Yamato

    Prince Yamato Member

    Aug 16, 2006
    Wait until the stamp goes to your dealer, then file the change of address form. That way, there will be no "risk" that your Form4 gets sent back to you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page