1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new AR upper (Can I buy online -shipped to my home?)

Discussion in 'Rifle Country' started by NETO1978, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NETO1978

    NETO1978 Member

    Jun 22, 2009
    Is it legal to buy an upper online and get it shipped to my home address?
    Do I need a FFL dealer?

    I got a Colt AR-15 ,with carrying handle.
    I just want to make it looks like a M4...flat top.
    Is it possible?
    where can I buy it online? wich brand?
  2. ArmedBear

    ArmedBear Member

    Sep 8, 2005
    The Upper Receiver is not legally the "receiver". The Lower Receiver is.

    Therefore, you can order it and have it shipped to your home -- even in California, where putting together a legal AR-15 requires a bit of special knowlege.

    I'll defer to others re Colt. I believe a Colt lower takes a standard upper, but I'm not absolutely sure.

    Or, call a company like J&T Distributing http://www.jtdistributing.com and ask. I like my J&T upper, and I know they sell parts specifically for civilian Colts as well as standard milspec rifles. Civilian Colts, or at least some of them, require special fire control parts, and possibly some others.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  3. ny32182

    ny32182 Member

    Oct 17, 2003
    Clemson, SC
    You can get it shipped to your home, but I agree you better talk to someone who knows Colts inside and out to make sure you are getting one that will fit on your lower. I know Colt used some kind of screw instead of a normal front pivot pin for a while... not sure if receiver dimensions were changed in any way to accomodate that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page