So lets start with the new/old. This is the second 6.5 Go Wild my ffl buddy ordered last year or so. His gun, in our attempt to build up two Americans as a joint project. This is the one i did for that project, which some of you may remember. This rifle got traded to a friend, who put it back into the go wild stock and gave it to his friends son. Last I heard it took a pair of goats at 690yds with a single shot each. I was given the twin to that rifle earlier this week, to cover a handgun I supposedly paid for but cant remember asking him to order, or paying for......Any way I have a new gun, not complaining. Since i knew i was getting the rifle, i ordered a boyds provarmint stock in forest camo from r&s precision sports (10/22racerifle.com). I also ordered the boyds aics mag kit at the same time. Yesterday I asked my buddy to add a vg6 gamma to his next order. so the brake is going toc change. I fitted and bedded the stock last night. I put pillars on this one, but ran out before getting to the .300 i also did last night The action on the go wilds are actually extremely smooth, since the receiver is cerakoted, and the bolts actually receive some post machining polish. I replaced the trigger spring and stoned the sear so pulls got minimal creap and breaks at 1.75lbs. I mounted rhe 2.5-15x50 Athlon Midas on there for now, but eventually ill probably move the 6-24x50 Bushnell nitro over to it. Gonna try run some factory ammo thru it tomorrow, and hopefully it shoots as well as my old one. Project 2 continuation, The swap barrel American. I was thinking id order barrels for this first, but i found a couple boyds stocks i wanted in the rapid fire section. This is another ProV, but it simple black. Ill probably hit it with some paint eventually but it does what i want for now. I went thru and re polished the bolt, and cleaned up and set the trigger at 2lbs even. also since i stole its scope for thr 6.5, i put the Weaver Kaspa Tactical i got frome a friend on it. The weights between the RAM and Go wild are surprisingly close...think its 3-4oz different. And last but not least, my very neat, and now very expensive marlin 795 got a new stock as well. So this little guns had a list of modifications. The trigger components were swapped out by the previous owner for Mcarbo parts. The bottom metals been replaced with a milled DIP unit I made some 4rnd magazines, and a model 60bolt handle as well as installed a 22" Model 60 barrel. The rifle was very pleasant to shoot in that configuration, but still suffered from tiny stock syndrome. Thus when i saw a boyds rimfire hunter in blaze (which ive always wanted to try) on close out i snapped it up along with the stock for the .300. This stock was all but drop in. I did have to make a spacer ro keep from over tensioning the rear action screw, but other than that it went right on.