1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Permit form

Discussion in 'General Gun Discussions' started by scub, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scub

    scub Member

    Jun 8, 2009
    Hello everyone, I am in the process of getting my pistol carry permit.

    I went to the local PD and asked for the "pistol permit" paperwork.

    i was given a yellow form with the folllowing options on the form:

    -Temporary State Pistol Permit
    -Non-Resident State Pistol Permit
    -Eligibility Certificate to purchase pistols or revolvers

    I assume I am suppose to select the last option? It doesn't mention anything about carrying a pistol but the first option "Temporary State Pistol Permit" mentions carrying a pistol, so do i select both option 1 & 3? or just option 1? I am in CT btw.

    Thanks for any help.
  2. cloudedice

    cloudedice Member

    Apr 11, 2006
    In CT you are issued a Temporary State Pistol Permit by the local PD first. You take your temporary permit to the State police and they issue you a permanent one. The eligibility certificate is only for purchasing firearms, not carrying. The permit to carry works for carrying and purchasing.

    There is some discussion at the opencarry.org CT forum about speeding up the permitting process by applying for an eligibility certificate first, and submitting that as proof of identity for your permit. This could theoretically speed up the process to receive your permit, but as far as I can tell it is untested. You can read about this here.

    If you want to stick to the usual method, select Temporary State Pistol Permit and continue on your way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page