Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reloading Primer Problem

Discussion in 'Handloading and Reloading' started by Gaucho Gringo, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaucho Gringo

    Gaucho Gringo Member

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2006
    Messages:
    1,037
    Location:
    Vancouver, WA
    I finally got everything bought I need to reload and it was going smoothly up until primer insertion. I have a used Lee 3 hole turrent press and I am trying to use the primer attachment that comes with it. I am having about a 70% success ratio, the other 30% of the primers either went in upside down, sideways or did not want to go in at all. I am using mixed brass that I had bought as reloads from Milwall and shot in my guns. I have tried holding on the shell plate, the brass or the primer holder but have not hit the right thing yet. Anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong. I bought a Lee Auto Prime to use but I bought the wrong type of shell holder and am trying to find the right one. Thanks in advance.
     
  2. 243winxb

    243winxb Member

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2004
    Messages:
    8,995
    Location:
    USA
    http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/faq/index.cgi
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page