1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

savage conversions

Discussion in 'Rifle Country' started by bigred94, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigred94

    bigred94 Member

    Oct 27, 2009
    hi there i have a old model 112 savage rile with a blind magazine. i want to convert it so it will take detach box magazines. can you tell me how to do that and what i need to do it. also maybe where i can get the parts. thanks
  2. Uncle Mike

    Uncle Mike Member

    Nov 5, 2008
    never never land...never land here!
    You will need...(as long as it is a Center Feed Model) Which IF it is old, it is not!
    A new stock-
    Bottom metal(old style)-
    And on some variations of the 112 new screws...and on some 112 it will be less expensive to buy a new rifle than to convert the old one.

    Call 'Fred' at sharp shooters supply.http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/index.html
    It may take some doing to get through to them, but keep trying. he is 'the' Savage guru and is very busy!
    We use his services here at the shop, you wont find a better Savage mechanic.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page