Discussion in 'Handguns: General Discussion' started by brutus51, Aug 27, 2021.
Nice. I pocket carry a 640 (38 Special). What brand of pocket holster is that?
Thanks for asking. I've even went through my personal archives (a tedious task) and searched online, to refresh my memory as to the brand name. No dice. I got it not long after I bought the gun, which was about 20 years ago. It's still the best pocket holster that I have; rigid but the inner material holds the gun securely and the trigger is completely covered. I hope someone will recognize the brand style and let me know so I can get another one. That is, if they're still being made. I couldn't find any anything online that remotely resembled this one.
Anchorite, the Safariland Model 25 Pocket holster is the closest that I could find when I searched online. It has some of the features that I mentioned in my earlier reply. If it's the same brand, however, then it's probably a newer version of mine. In any case, I'm not sure that their current model will fit my S&W 60-7 in .38 Spl., it being an older model. They do list it as fitting a 60, but only the later .357 mag version, so I'm not sure how that would affect the fit.
Update: Blade-Tech. I was able to make out (barely) the brand logo on the holster. No name listed of course. It seems they don't offer it anymore or any other pocket holster from what I could see. The best bet seems to be the Safariland that I mentioned.
1) The LCP2 is my favorite for hot and steamy weather, the times you really don't want to deal with weight...
2) S&W 442 is my favorite CCW nice size and lightweight.
3) Taurus 605 357mag. J frame size but a little more weight to eat up the recoil. Great for hiking in the South were you may come across a 4 legged threat.
4) Bond Arms Rowdy 45/410 great for snakes including the 2 legged snakes.
5) Taurus 415 41mag handy size with authority for 4 legged threats. Carried in a pack pocket, jeans pocket, and OWB
6) S&W 686+ great woods walk carry. Normally OWB. (My favorite handgun)
7) XDM 45acp compact. Carried when near the wrong neighborhood IWB.
Missing a 44mag next on the list!!! Western states hiking.
Maybe a 10mm after just because!!!
Anyway, this is my favorite CCW for now. 642s, because A Pair of 44s is kind of heavy
Sound like you might enjoy a
629 Deluxe. They’re a few dollars cheaper than the other 629s, and about 1” cooler
Thanks! I had a 629 with a 8 3/8" for deer hunting. I am looking at the 69 for its smaller L frame size for hiking a snub nose 629 may fit the role.
I'd say my S&W Shield 9 mm or 642 .38 special. I find I don't really like anything bigger than those for carry.
Separate names with a comma.