1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steyr - SA, DA or "Safe Action"????

Discussion in 'Handguns: Autoloaders' started by StressPuppy, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StressPuppy

    StressPuppy Member

    Mar 17, 2003
    Richmond, VA
    I am desperately trying to find out what the Steyr M series pistols are classified as. Are they Single Action (don't think so) or Double Action or "Safe Action" (like the Glock)??? No one can seem to give me a straight answer.


    The ultimate goal to my inquiry is to find out what division this gun is shot in for IDPA (I posted in the competition area asking as well).

    In the manual, it says that the gun has a Reset Action Safety System, whatever that means.


  2. Handy

    Handy Guest

    Well, the IDPA classifications are fairly insipid, to start with. They put the P7 in ESP and a Glock 34 in SSP. Anyway...

    The Steyr system is mostly like a Glock. It is neither fully cocked or completely relaxed. But it is cocked more than a Glock, just not fully cocked, like an XD.

    It probably should be put in SSP with the Glocks, but realisticly, so should the completely cocked XD. Classifying a pistol by its internals rather than its trigger pull is stupid. But who knows what the geniuses who made CDP into the ".45 only division" will do next.
  3. arinvolvo

    arinvolvo Member

    Feb 5, 2003
    It is similar to a Glock's safe action mechanism...

    Pin seems to be about 80% cocked before the trigger is pulled...trigger pulls it the remaining 20 percent and lets it go.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page