I also started with some kind of spray lube. It might have been One Shot. I had to fight two stuck cases. I'm not sure at this point why it took two...and even a stuck case remover isn't fun. As others have related, I changed lubes. Even though RCBS Case Lube on a pad is messy, it works. And the pad method of application is surprisingly consistent. Some details - 1. You can lube 3 or 4 cases at once by rolling them across the pad. The shoulders stay dry, so you don't have to worry about hydraulic dents. You should be able to see a uniform, thin film all around the cases. 2. You can drag a neck cleaning brush across one end of the pad to lube the case necks, (if you don't use something else like graphite or mica.) One drag gets enough lube for the handfull of 4 cases. It doesn't take much, just enough to get the tips of the bristles on one side. This lube is transferred to the neck expander button. 3. You can wipe it off after resizing with a damp paper towel, because it is water-soluable.