Discussion in 'Blackpowder' started by ClemBert, Aug 11, 2010.
We're getting a little off topic.
Jaymo; Reminds me of that episode on tv [Criminal Minds] about those hogs being fed human remains and their shoes gathered up in a trash bin. Oh my God..............Best regards
Should we change the title of this thread to: The Official Hog Discussion Club?
I saw that episode of Criminal Minds.
ROA related------I'm going to check out a new hunting club this weekend. I'm hoping to shoot the ROA while I'm there.
I'm also planning on shooting a deer and some small hogs with it, this year.
Now, I just need a good holster for it. I'm thinking about a flap holster or a shoulder holster.
I think we ROA club members should all get together and shoot our ROAs.
We're not allowed to hunt with our ROA's in Pa.
We aint allowed to use BP in a caliber smaller than .45.
So, in the infinite wisdom of the Pa game narcs.
Since the ROA box says ".44" , it's not a .45.
But stay tuned.
In Pa the rules can change with the mood of the man in green.
Now that right there Jaymo would be one bang up weekend
The smoke would be visible from space.
When my son was a boy he allways said, when we were up camp, "dad, if it can't be seen from space, it aint a fire".
That much smoke would fit right into this family
I like hog legs better than the hogs themselves.
Eights: I think you need to get a DNA test done on that child in the middle. He doesn't look like his siblings. Kinda looks a little like the neighbor doesn't he?
First of all, those are three ladies. From left to right, Molly, Francesca Maria, and Sue. When they travel together, they tell most casual onlookers that they're cousins. Those who know them see two sisters and a friend.
I do not know the seller and I have no information about the gun, just saw this ad on the cowboy wire for an ROA selling for $400, in case anyone is interested...
Having the serial #145-28XXX, it appears to have been made in 1981.
Eights: Sorry I missed their feminine glow...poor lighting and all...
That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! Everyone knows that firearms are masculine (at least all of mine are).
Thanks for this. I discovered that mine was made in 1995.
OK, I finally got one (2005 mfg) so can I join now??
edit - it's actually a 1999 manufacture. I looked up the wrong number the first time.
OMG! Whatever possessed you?
That gun looks way too modern...how about letting me antique it for you??
Welcome to the club.
Prepare for the inevitable ROA bashing from the SASS Frontiersmen, though.
MYKEAL - I dunno, mutsa been drunk or under the influence of a mind altering substance or sumthin. Dimentia, yeah, that's the ticket.
J-Bar - They'll never know unless someone squeals on me ; and, no I don;t need it antiqued.
ROA Club Members:
01. ClemBert 02. Eights 03. kanook 04. [email protected] 05. mykeal
06. adaptandovercome 07. 461 08. junkman_01 09. lonewolf5347 10. rcflint
11. MCgunner 12.madcratebuilder 13. AbitNutz 14. eastbank 15. robert garner
16. philuk44 17. HUnter58 18. arcticap 19. BullRunBear 20. theotherwaldo
21. SC Slowhand 22. Prairie Dawg 23. wittzo 24. Tallbald 25. Smokin_Gun
26. OB One 27. jungle 28. plumbernater 29. daveinvegas 30. JanZ
31. George Mabry 32. Benmathes 33. Loosenock 34. higene 35. Rock Island
36. Erich 37. robhof 38. J-Bar 39. Nomad, 2nd 40. TAURUSBOB
41. martindl99 42. Vermonter 43. wasatch 44. fogg64 45. BConklin
46. Howdy Doody 47. bushrod2 48. rdstrain49 49. FirinFlatTop 50. rem1858
51. straight-shooter 52. edorfox 53. KevininPa 54. Ringo1234 55. pohill
56. The Don 57. jeepcoma 58. Dave Markowitz 59. Chazz 60. andrewstorm
61. Steel Wheels 62. Legionnaire 63. NineMilePete 64. 94RUGER 65. Acorn Mush
66. R.Ganister 67. Boom-stick 68. Buddy 69. Ghost Dog 70. BML
71. Cult of 1858 72. Jaymo 73. bigbore442001 74. Engineer Bill 75. azyogi
76. Dr. Leaky 77. Clermont 78. Indy4570 79. ozarkguy 80. Plastikosmd
81. mrdo1 82. bax504 83. Constrictor 84. BC Mosaic 85. clepidus
86. did 87. gunboat57 88. Malachi Leviticus Blue 89. Blue Hill 90. Power Keg
91. SUMIKITO 92. ChasMack 93. Larry Flett 94. RugerShawn 95. tdperry
96. Rettech 97. renoman 98. tk1971 99. Curator 100. Dan Carey
101. Old No7 102. Muddydogs 103. Oldnamvet 104. 6.5x55swedish 105. crazysccrmd
106. Jim, West PA 107. rodwha 108. Varmiter 109. Indian Outlaw 110. Patocazador
111. Fingers McGee
OMG Fingers, I looked out the window to see if there where any flying pigs hovering about! None noted but I'll keep on lookin'...
Gee Wilickers Fingers...why so much flack? If it's not a Colt it's scrap metal or what?
OH NO! How the mighty have fallen.
rodwha - Fingers McGee is well known throughout the bp world as an expert and highly respected collector of these guns, and especially the Colt pattern guns, both original and replica. He is always a gentleman and certainly a scholar, and while I've never known him to utter a disparaging syllable about the ROA and it's lineage, one could easily understand it if he was, shall we say, biased unfavorably due to their lack of deep historical provenance. Nonetheless he does appreciate a truly fine firearm so it should probably not be surprising that an ROA would cross his threshold. He is most welcome to the fold; our society has been greatly enhanced.
I certainly hope that I wasn't taken in a spirit of disrespect as that was not my angle whatsoever.
And much like you, I feel he is one who knows what he is talking about as one who has been there and done that. And even more so for the way I sense you bringing your wisdom.
Glad that he finally found an awesome cap n ball revolver! And certainly welcomed by me who is only here due to my father having come across this fine revolver for me.
Congrats Fingers!!!! Ya done good! Them 5 1/2 inches with fixed sights are real prizes.
Separate names with a comma.