Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your EDC Caliber

Discussion in 'Handguns: General Discussion' started by Rawss, Mar 26, 2013.

?

Caliber?

Poll closed Apr 25, 2013.
  1. .50AE

    2 vote(s)
    0.3%
  2. .44 Mag

    2 vote(s)
    0.3%
  3. .357 Mag

    29 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. .38 Special

    75 vote(s)
    12.7%
  5. .45 ACP

    129 vote(s)
    21.9%
  6. .40 S&W

    66 vote(s)
    11.2%
  7. 9mm

    190 vote(s)
    32.3%
  8. .357 Sig

    7 vote(s)
    1.2%
  9. .380 ACP

    56 vote(s)
    9.5%
  10. .32 ACP

    17 vote(s)
    2.9%
  11. .25 ACP

    3 vote(s)
    0.5%
  12. .22 LR

    4 vote(s)
    0.7%
  13. 10mm

    9 vote(s)
    1.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rev. Chad

    Rev. Chad Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2010
    Messages:
    45
    Location:
    Virginia
    About 80% of the time I carry a Glock 19 in 9mm and a Ruger LCP in .380ACP. The other 20% is split between my Ruger Blackhawk in .45 LC and a S&W Model 64 in .38 Spl.
     
  2. jimmyraythomason

    jimmyraythomason Member

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2006
    Messages:
    7,408
    Location:
    Alabama
    I claimed 9mm on the poll even though I'm just as likely to carry a .45 acp and occassionally a .38 sp.
     
  3. glocking26

    glocking26 Member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2004
    Messages:
    110
    Location:
    Glen Mills Pa.
    Smith Wesson 340pd loaded with full power 357 Magnum 125gr SJHP ammo. and a clipdraw. Yea it's a bear to hold onto but it will get the job done.
     
  4. kp

    kp Member

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2003
    Messages:
    35
    I usually carry my S&W Shield (9mm) but every now a then a G23.

    regards
     
  5. Martial Student

    Martial Student Member

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    FL
    Glock 27 .40, loaded with PDX1 165ers.
     
  6. Hafnhaf

    Hafnhaf Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2013
    Messages:
    6
    .40, .380, .45LC/.410

    .380 as bug unless the wife is using it.
     
  7. DMK

    DMK Member

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2002
    Messages:
    8,797
    Location:
    Over the hills and far, far away
    J-frame 642, 38 special Short Barrel Gold dots.

    Sometimes my SP-101, usually 38 Special, sometimes .357

    Sometimes a Colt CCO, 45ACP Gold Dots.
     
  8. tomrkba

    tomrkba Member

    Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Messages:
    1,952
    Why only one caliber? I use several. I voted for my favorite.
     
  9. bigdaa

    bigdaa member

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2013
    Messages:
    356
    Location:
    Goleta, CA
    My go to gun ( I do not carry) is the Glock Model 22 in 40 S&W.

    17 round magazine (15 +2) and I'm set.

    Though.........I would be just as happy with the same gun and my Storm Lake .357 Sig Barrel installed with 124gr Hornady XTP handloads.
     
  10. Deltaboy1984

    Deltaboy1984 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2008
    Messages:
    6,325
    Location:
    Johnson County Texas
    38 critical defense and my 40 is Corbon.
     
  11. Comrade Mike

    Comrade Mike Member

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2013
    Messages:
    960
    147 grain federal hollow points out of a Smith and Wesson 439.
     
  12. g_one

    g_one Member

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2011
    Messages:
    445
    Location:
    Milwaukee, WI
    My EDC is an LCP (.380, Hornady Critical Defense), which stays in my pocket pretty much all the time now. Until recently I had a G26 (9mm) but found that it was just too bulky for long-term storage in a pocket or IWB.

    However, I also keep in my vehicle either a 1911 (.45ACP 185gr Golden Saber) or a 6" revolver (.38 +P 125gr Winchester JHP), depending on my mood or whim.
     
  13. Danny Tumma

    Danny Tumma Member

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2013
    Messages:
    19
    45acp most of the time. Sometimes 9x19mm for convenience.


    Both make me HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!-Phil
     
  14. Falcon

    Falcon Member

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2003
    Messages:
    24
    H&K P2000sk with Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel Ammunition 9mm +P 124 Grain JHP
     
  15. housecat

    housecat Member

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2013
    Messages:
    46
    Location:
    Central NC
    Generally, a CA 44 spl. If concealment is a problem, a 22 Walther TPH. I'm probably going to end up with a Seecamp 32 acp to replace the Walther.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page