Welcome to The High Road, an online discussion board dedicated to the discussion and advancement of responsible firearms ownership. It is the declared mission of this board to achieve and provide the highest quality of firearms discussion on the Internet, a standard set by the discussion board "The Firing Line" in 1998.
Everyone is welcome to participate, regardless of political affiliation, gender, religion, nationality, or stance on gun ownership. We aim to respect every point of view, as long as it is presented in a polite and factual manner. You only need to provide a name and a valid email address to participate. We do not sell that information to anyone.
There are only a few house rules:
1. All topics and posts must be related to firearms or 'Right to Keep and Bear Arms' (RKBA) issues.
2. Multiple user registrations are prohibited. If you have difficulties logging in or you wish to change your user name, do not re-register, email us at [email protected].
3. As a family-friendly board, we ask that you keep your language clean, and that starts with your chosen user name. If you wouldn't say it in front of your dear old Grandma, you probably don't want to say it here. This rule includes any inappropriate images.
4. Spamming, trolling, flaming, and personal attacks are prohibited. You can disagree with other members, even vehemently, but it must be done in a well-mannered form. Attack the argument, not the arguer.
5. You agree to respect the copyright of others. If you don't own the rights to something, do not post it unless you have received prior written permission from the owner. Absent that permission, please just link to it and provide a brief summary of the contents. This helps keep us all out of trouble.
6. Drive-by posting is not allowed. A drive-by is: (1) Starting off a discussion (thread) with the posting of a link, or other copied content, without any meaningful commentary describing what the link or copied content is about or what there is to discuss; or (2) posts with no meaningful or contributory content.
7. We cannot provide a comprehensive list of "Things Not To Say". Posts that are contrary to the above policies, or contrary to the mission of The High Road, or for any other reason deemed necessary may be edited or deleted at our sole discretion. Membership may be temporarily or permanently revoked if such a step is deemed necessary by us. We're a private venture enabled by an all-volunteer staff. Please treat this venue as a polite discussion in a friend's home and respect the wishes of the hosts.
We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of politics, abortion, religion, and sexual orientation often degenerate into less-than-polite arguments or claims that "my God is better than your God". For this reason, we do not discuss such subjects on THR, and any threads dealing primarily with these subjects will be closed or deleted immediately. Threads which deal with other subjects, but which mention abortion, religion or sexual orientation as a side issue, may be allowed to continue, but will be closely scrutinized, and closed or deleted if they "cross the line".
A note on FREE SPEECH:
The First Amendment to the Constitution states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
The First Amendment is greatly respected here on The High Road, as are all other Amendments that the Second Amendment defends. However, The High Road is private property and requests that members adhere to all forum policies. It is a contract agreed to by all who become members of The High Road. Those who break forum rules cannot invoke censorship or freedom of speech - a contract broken is a contract broken. If you do not like the rules of conduct or the acceptable topics, seek out a new venue to frequent or start your own board.
If you feel you can abide by these requests, we hope that you join us on The High Road. We invite you to share your expertise and enjoy the camaraderie. "Share what you know, learn what you don't."
Please Note: Although The High Road has attempted to provide accurate information on the forum, The High Road assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information. All information is provided "as is" with all faults without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Neither The High Road nor any of their directors, members, managers, employees, agents, vendors, or suppliers will be liable for any direct, indirect, general, bodily injury, compensatory, special, punitive, consequential, or incidental damages including, without limitation, lost profits or revenues, costs of replacement goods, loss or damage to data arising out of the use or inability to use this forum or any services associated with this forum, or damages from the use of or reliance on the information present on this forum, even if you have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The High Road Staff
Code of Conduct
Rules we expect members to abide by