1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brownells - Gun Parts Question

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing and Repairs' started by OzarkExpedition, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzarkExpedition

    OzarkExpedition Member

    Nov 7, 2004
    Gun Parts:

    "If gun parts exceed $100.00 OR an Action, Receiver, Frame, Cylinder, Barrel, Flash Hider or Military Scope is orderd a State Department License is required. If your order requires an export license our Export Department will contact you."

    The above is from Brownells. Does this mean that an avg. Joe needs more paperwork just to order a barrel and bushing? What is this State Dept. License and do I have to have it???

  2. Jim Watson

    Jim Watson Member

    Dec 24, 2002
    Only if you are in a foreign land.
    If you are in the USA the State Department has no jurisdiction.
    Of course, you have to have a FFL for a receiver.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page