Discussion in 'Legal' started by Zedicus, Nov 18, 2007.
or notify the Plaintiff as to why the property is not to be returned.
His e-mail says the government dropped the case. That isn't what the court's order says. This was a civil case in which Rich was the plaintiff. The government was the defendant -- they couldn't have dropped the case, because the case was Rich's case. Rich asked for a summary judgment, which was DENIED. The Government asked for a summary judgment, which they got.
I tend to agree with Aguila Blanca. I don't think the original author understands that the criminal case has certainly not been dropped yet.
KT sells 80% receivers
So you can make your own gun,in your garage machine shop.
they are going through a ton of legal hassle for believing in the 2nd Amendment.
I wish I had bought some of their stuff
The problem stems, as I understand from various sources, that they did a little more than that. They sold 80% receivers but allowed customers to do the other 20 percent at KTs site using KTs machine tools.
One person described the process as KT setting up a CNC machine to do the other 20 percent and the customer pushing the "start" button.
The fed.gov took his stuff and started civil forfeiture proceedings. An in rem action to get the stuff. Then they apparantly dropped that action but kept the stuff. So Celata sued to get his stuff back. That's this action, which he just lost. Guessing from the order, the gov'ts summary judgement motion claimed they were evidence in an as-yet unfiled criminal proceeding. The gov't won, but the judge gave them the choice to either file the criminal charges or give Celata his stuff back.
This is just my understanding based on reading this order and the complaint in the civil forfeiture action, so I may be off.
but from what is available It would seem the BATFE are are attempting to do the following.
Kill Grassroots Self-Manufacture of Firearms
Prevent Rich from being Financially able to Fight back effectively by confiscating tools and castings etc.
doing the same by withholding those items and dragging things out as long as possible.
scare and or terrorize him out of business (the raid and the fact that his pregnant wife had a miscarriage after the raid)
the whole BATFE case is built on a technicality and in a lame attempt to strengthen it the BATFE brought in Canadian LE to make absurd and irrelevant claims.
it would be like a relative of someone who got shot suing someone with an internet reloading guide for the death of the relative who was shot buy a gang member who stole his ammo from someone who bought it at walmart, and wining due to a "conspiricy" clause in a UN law, all while protesting outside the creator of the reloading guide's home and harassing his family.:banghead:
Liberty Dollars on the KT website
Am I mis-remembering, or did KT used to accept payment in Liberty Dollars? I seem to remember that you'd end up paying something like10-20% more if you used the Liberty Dollar route, because one Liberty Dollar cost like a buck ten of twenty in legal tender.
The statute of limitations is the normal limit, since most people waive their right to a speedy trail in order to give their lawyer more time.
That is what the State of California's Bureau of Firearms is doing with the 219 AR-15 lowers from the Milpitas bust nearly two years ago. It is a BS case and they know they will lose, so out of spite they are holding onto the evidence (everyone's lowers) until the statute of limitations runs out in just over one more year. Then there is a limited amount of time to claim them before the state melts them down.
Correct, he also requested people use a rather odd address, like 'Territory of ______' instead of just listing the state and zip code.
We certainly are being protected..
..by the government from the likes of Richard and his 80% lowers. I feel safer.
Separate names with a comma.