1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue weapon question

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms and Accessories' started by cottonmouth, Nov 12, 2010.

  1. cottonmouth

    cottonmouth Well-Known Member

    I have stamps for my SBR and suppressor but if I get one of my departments full auto M16's what do I need? And can I put mt 7 inch upper on it?

  2. rfurtkamp

    rfurtkamp Well-Known Member

    If you're issued it as part of your job, consult your department on all of the above.

    Changing configuration, parts, etc. is often frowned upon.
  3. CleverNickname

    CleverNickname Well-Known Member

    Any department-level approvals aside, leave the 7" upper for making noise at the range and use something longer if you might have to shoot somebody. 7" isn't long enough to get 5.56mm going fast enough to fragment properly.
  4. jmorris

    jmorris Well-Known Member

    I agree with #2 above and add, a machine gun can have any barrel length, pistol grip, stock etc. There is no such thing as a SBR machine gun. In the eyes of the NFA branch a muffler or silencer is in itself a firearm and requires it’s own stamp all of the time. A “short barrel” never needs a stamp (without getting into the “intent” part) just a stamped receiver (MG or SBR) to go onto unless it’s a pistol receiver.
  5. cottonmouth

    cottonmouth Well-Known Member

    I wouldn't use the 7" for work, just fun. I just wanted ot know it it was okay to have it on there.


Share This Page