After living with my 1903 in a tastefully sporterized stock for many years, I finally happened into a cheap straight stock to replace it. The replacement stock was stripped of finish and had a nice crack through the wrist starting at the rear of the trigger group and working up. There were also some old repairs on cracks near the nose of the stock that had failed and were continuing to spread. Enter a quick (long over the course of multiple week) consult with Gunny and I was off. I set the new stock up on the bench and decided to break the project down into two parts. Part A would be the wrist and Part B would be runners in the forearm. First picture is as it was, before I started the project.