1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AR Buttsctock Question

Discussion in 'Rifle Country' started by viking499, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viking499

    viking499 Member

    Feb 9, 2007
    I have an AR that has a standard rifle type buttstock.(Not sure if I am using the correct terminology since I am new to the AR world). I am interested in replacing it with a collapsible stock for a better fit for me. I have handled a few AR's in a local gun shop with the collapsible stocks on them and figure that is the route i will go.

    Questions is......All the collapsible stocks I handle had a flat base on them. I like the rounded type like on a regular rifle. Are all coll. stocks flat or is there a curved version?

    What brand or type do you recommend? Where is the best place to get one? Anyone have a used one laying around?
  2. Z-Michigan

    Z-Michigan Member

    May 19, 2008
    If you want a collapsing stock, look at the Magpul MOE, which has a slightly curved butt and is a good all-around design. If you want the M4 style, you can get an $8 rubber pad that goes over the flat plate of the butt and makes it rounded.

    You will have to replace your existing buffer tube, buffer and spring, which will add another $40-50 or so to the cost of converting.

    Personally, after using many telestocks, I have come to prefer the fixed stock, especially in the original "A1" length. Cavalry Arms offers a quality A1 length replacement stock. If you did that you would only replace the stock shell and the attachment screw - you would keep your existing buffer tube, buffer and spring.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page