1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exporting Sig magazines

Discussion in 'Legal' started by Devil_bri, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devil_bri

    Devil_bri Member

    Jan 9, 2011
    Can anyone give me some advice ?
    I live in the UK and own a Sig 9mm
    Are normal members of the public allowed to ship magazines out of the US to the UK ?
    I know it is legal for me to accept them as I have the pistol on my firearms licence, I just don't know if it is legal for you guys to ship them.
  2. rodregier

    rodregier Member

    Aug 5, 2007
    Halifax,NS Canada
    The applicable US law for exports for gun parts incl magazines are the US State Dept. ITAR rules.

    Here is a nice summary:



    There are a number of items which Brownells sells which need US State Department approval and an export license before they can be shipped out of the country. The regulations are complex and constantly changing but our staff is here to help you understand what is needed and will gladly work with you to correctly accomplish the task.

    Generally speaking, items which usually need a license are:

    •Barrel Liners
    •Various other gun parts such as triggers, sears, ejectors, magazine tubes, scopes, and other items if the ordered amount is over $100.00 US

    Separate note:

    International Sales - High capacity Magazines, which hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, are currently Restricted items that can ONLY be sold internationally to Military or Law Enforcement agencies. We will ask for Proof of end-user through the DSP-83 form.
  3. GRIZ22

    GRIZ22 Member

    Nov 4, 2006
    First, I have no idea of what UK laws are regarding importation.

    ridreiger is correct AFAIK. When friends and relatives were trying to send Beretta mags to US soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan they were not allowed to do so.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page