Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modified Troy Claymore Muzzle Brake

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing and Repairs' started by GI_Jared, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GI_Jared

    GI_Jared Member

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2011
    Messages:
    279
    So today I had some time to finish of my project of turning my Troy Claymore muzzle brake into more of a flash suppressor. To do this I drilled a bunch of 1/8" holes into the body of the brake that covers 3/4 of the diameter around the brake. I didn't drill any holes into the bottom of the brake just like on a standard A2 flash suppressor. I had some trouble in the beginning with breaking drill bits, but with the advice of other members I cranked up my RPMs and everything went great. I used solid carbide drill bits from Fastenal and drilled at 720rpms. Also, lots of cutting oil is very helpful because the brake is made out of very hard steel. Pics are below of the process.

    Drilling lots of holes
    IMAG0185.gif

    I used some cold blue to finish the holes, it turned out pretty nice
    IMAG0188.gif
    IMAG0190.gif
    IMAG0191.gif
    IMAG0195.gif

    this is a pic of the bottom of the brake which was left completely intact as to not kick up any dust when shooting in the prone.
    IMAG0196.gif
     
  2. BP44

    BP44 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2008
    Messages:
    454
    Location:
    Oregon
    Looks loud:what:
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page