1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFA repairs?

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms and Accessories' started by eastwood44mag, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eastwood44mag

    eastwood44mag Member

    Oct 25, 2005
    Just a newbie question:

    With the requirements of paperwork for transporting an NFA firearm, how do you go about sending one for repair? Namely, if you have to send your NFA device out of state for service, how do you go about doing it? Do you have to pay another transfer fee to get it back from the SOT gunsmith, or is that already covered in your initial purchase? Once it's done, can it be sent back to you directly, or does it have to go through another SOT in your state?

    Thanks, all.
  2. Bubbles

    Bubbles Member

    Apr 26, 2004
    Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia
    It's treated just like any other firearm. A gunsmith doesn't even need an SOT to take an NFA device in for repair, though most who do have the SOT anyway.

    We ask for a copy of the front of the F1/2/3/4/5/10 with instructions on the work needed written on the back by the owner.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page