1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of country transfer?

Discussion in 'General Gun Discussions' started by enichols, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enichols

    enichols Member

    Dec 25, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Hello all,
    So here's the story... my girlfriend and I have been together almost a year, and I've gotten her into shooting and she really enjoys it. So of course, she's told her mom this and her mom says that my g/f's grandfather (who lived in India until he passed away) worked for the forestry service there and had several rifles. My g/f's mom apparently likes me a lot, because she says that the rifles are still at her old home back in India and that she'd love for me to have them if it were at all possible, and asked me if there's any way to go about doing that. So here's my question- is it possible to get them into the US and for me to take possession of them?

    Thanks for any info you can give me.
  2. dukeofurl

    dukeofurl Member

    Aug 5, 2003
    Central FL
    *scratches head*

    I know that the removal of something out of US jurisdiction is heavily regulated by the Arms Export Control Act of 1976 (Remember the group fundraisers for body armor for kids going to iraq? Conspiracy to violate federal law.) but the importation may be pretty easy.

    Check with ATF.

    They may tell you check with State.

    State may tell you to check with ATF.

    Then check with us.
  3. Preacherman

    Preacherman Member

    Dec 20, 2002
    Louisiana, USA
    All of the legal & official information you need on importing firearms may be found here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page