Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bent Ejector on Glock?

Discussion in 'Handguns: Autoloaders' started by LongRifle, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongRifle

    LongRifle Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2004
    Messages:
    24
    Location:
    PA
    Was checking some reloads in the chamber of my wifes new(bought used) G19 and noticed the ejector is bent to the right, compared to my G32. Gun had very few rounds thru it when purchased.

    What circumstances would cause the ejector to get bent, besides dropping the slideless frame on the floor?

    Gun has funtioned well in the first 25 rounds fired, besides not throwing the brass to the right as much as it should.

    Can the ejector be bent back or should I just buy a new one?
     
  2. MisterMike

    MisterMike Member

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2009
    Messages:
    758
    Location:
    Midwest USA
    The bend of the ejector differs from model to model. I'd check it against a new one; you may not have a problem, particularly since it's functioning properly.
     
  3. LongRifle

    LongRifle Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2004
    Messages:
    24
    Location:
    PA
    When my wife was shooting, some of the MT's came back on her. At first I thought it was from limp wristing, but after seeing the bend in the ejector, I wasn't so sure.
     
  4. ljnowell

    ljnowell Member

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2008
    Messages:
    6,201
    Location:
    The Peoples Republic of IL
    It may be bent more to the right because of the reduced diameter of the 9mm case vs the 357 sig case in your other one. I would think that if it were bent too much to the right you wouldnt be having problems with them coming right back in your face. Usually, IME, right back in your face can be a symptom of limp wristing. My brother does it with every auto he picks up.
     
  5. BsChoy

    BsChoy Member

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2005
    Messages:
    1,344
    Location:
    Upstate NY
    The glock ejector always looks bent cuz it is. They will throw about 90% of their brass to the same spot, while the other 10% assaults your forehead and eyes! Its fine.
     
  6. huduguru

    huduguru Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2004
    Messages:
    232
    No problem, all 9mm Glock ejectors are bent a substantial amount. The 40's
    less, not sure about all the others.
     
  7. Hk Dan

    Hk Dan Member

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2008
    Messages:
    803
    Location:
    NE Iowa
    The .40 and .45 ejectors are straight. The 9mm ejector has a slight bend to the right, not a severe one. Call it...10 degrees? (guessing)
     
  8. The Lone Haranguer

    The Lone Haranguer Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2006
    Messages:
    11,717
    Location:
    Johnson City, TN
    It's made that way on 9mm models.
     
  9. bds
    • Contributing Member

    bds Member

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2010
    Messages:
    15,108
    Location:
    Northwest Coast
  10. REAPER4206969

    REAPER4206969 Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    3,037
    Location:
    Idaho
    The .380/9x19mm ejectors are bent. The .357/.40/10mm are straight and the .45GAP/.45ACP are curvy.
     
  11. Autolycus

    Autolycus Member

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2006
    Messages:
    5,456
    Location:
    In the land of make believe.
    I would not worry about it as others have stated.
     
  12. REAPER4206969

    REAPER4206969 Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    3,037
    Location:
    Idaho
  13. The Lone Haranguer

    The Lone Haranguer Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2006
    Messages:
    11,717
    Location:
    Johnson City, TN
    The ejector is the fixed blade mounted on the frame. When the slide travels rearward the case hits the blade to fling it clear.
     
  14. LongRifle

    LongRifle Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2004
    Messages:
    24
    Location:
    PA
    Thanks fellas for all the responses. Guess the ejector is supposed to have that bend.

    I am surprised the cases do not eject a little further from the shooter. My son and I both shot it again last nite, with no limp wristing, and the empty cases pretty much fall right beside your feet. Shooting a 115 gr. HP with 4.7 gr. of WW 231, which is a couple tenths from maximum. The cases eject more like a minimum load is being used. Maybe this is the norm for this model/caliber.

    Would a slower burning rate powder have any effect on how the cases are ejected? I have several available to try.
     
  15. bds
    • Contributing Member

    bds Member

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2010
    Messages:
    15,108
    Location:
    Northwest Coast
    Oh my, my eyes are failing me :D

    Sorry, I misread ejector as extractor.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page