So I spent the day tinkering with and shooting my airguns. My qb78 has gotten a recent tune-up so I just practiced positions with it on my steel plate at 30yds. When I finally got bored with that (after taking this small spot of sun to go tape up my truck's windows again), went to work on my Crosman Quest 1000. I did a lube/tune on the gun a couple of months ago and have shot it some since. It's actually a nice fun gun to shoot. The slap it gives that little plate is impressive. Unfortunately, it's one fatal flaw is the trigger, something I can't ignore. So today I broke it down again, cleaned and polished all the contact surfaces, and installed a trigger adjustment screw. I didn't adjust the tension of the springs, simply because I'm not super familiar with these guns trigger mechs, and while reducing engagement, don't want to make them bump sensitive. The only issue with the trigger screw is the safety only works with the trigger its forward most position and it's a looooooong 2 stage. So no safety, but then I've owned a few Nagants, and my QB hasn't had a safety since 2011 or so. I also added a peep sight that I had laying around from my old TF79 air rifle. I wish I had the rest of the parts, this was actually a really nice sight. And last but not least I shortened the barrel on my XS25. It's cut and faced and crowned at 13" but the job I did wasn't that good. I'll rent an extra .22 pilot and redo the crown next time I have to rent tools. The balance is much nicer than it was with all that weight another 6" far there out, and if anything I expect to GAIN velocity. Hopefully, accuracy isn't horribly impacted...but again if it is I can fix it later. While I was waiting for the Pizza guy I also re-contoured the front of the stock and gave myself a bit more room for my trigger finger on the right side.