4Freedom, I'm going to give you some different advice. There are lots of martial arts types (not just hand to hand) from everything to IDPA, IPSC, 2 gun, long range shooting, and many others. You should find something you enjoy doing and have fun training in that. Military training is fun 10% of the time and BS the rest. Find something that is fun 90% of the time and just do that. What you find fun you will learn to do very well, and the rest you'll just be wasting your time. Also - unless you like hand to hand combat training, don't train in it. It's very hard to learn to be proficient and not exactly practical (a gun will always win). BTW - My perspective might be different. I have plenty of military experience (enough to be considered an expert in my time), 22 years of martial arts and 26 years of firearms experience (I'm a gun guy).