Discussion in 'Handguns: General Discussion' started by brutus51, May 30, 2021.
Right now, my favorites in order:
4 months ago it would have been similar with .38 Spl and .357 magnum on top. .22 LR floats about on my list.
In 4 months? Who knows?
It’s fun shooting them all.
But of course I have many, many others.
38 special effective to carry fun to shoot
357 mag when you want a little more energy
41 mag just because it's different and effective.
I don't think I have shot any cartridges that I didn't like
I sold all the 30 cal and 12ga because my shoulders are falling apart and the 20ga needs to be shot sometime soon.
This. If I had to pick a favorite it would be .38 special.
In order. But they all have different uses.
Available in Glocks and 1911s
Easy to handload.
Velocity is high enough for "regular" bullets to expand; a Nosler 150 JHP at 1,400 fps expands nicely.
And revolvers are available in 10mm if you ever want something totally different.
Rimfire, favorite would be .22 WMR, but I have and shoot more .22LR as it is cheaper and I have a bunch of it stocked up.
CF Handguns: 45 Colt and ACP are favorites, but I Carry 9mm usually so it gets shot more than any other centerfire HG cartridge.
CF Rifles: 6.5CM (140s) and .223 (69 gr for the bolt actions and 55s for the Semis). Have not shot much of either this last year.
I like .30 carbine but I hate trimming cases.
1) .22LR- I never get tired or bored with shooting this round.
2) 9mm.- My favorite centerfire cartridge. Have more guns with this one than any other.
3) .45 ACP- This was the one I was raised on, primarily in a 1911.
4) .45 Colt- I think no collection is complete without a single action revolver for this cartridge.
5/6) .44 Special and .38 Super.- Too close to call with these two. Love them both but for different reasons.
7) .380 ACP- The perfect choice for a pocket size semi-auto.
8) .38 Special- Got to love it in any S&W K and J frame.
9) .357 Magnum- Never had much need for this cartridge but really like the guns I have it chambered in.
10) .41 Magnum- Had two excellent S&Ws for this round. Still haven't found their replacements yet.
Yeah it's really tough, I listed 38 Super as number 6 on my list but I've been shooting it a lot as it's my latest or newest caliber to reload for.
.45 ACP will always be my #1 because it's my chosen self defense round.
Yes they are but the Ruger, Match Champion turned out to be very scarce. Their made of unobtainum.
22: still relatively inexpensive. can pack alot into a small case.
38 and 32: centerfire protection.
Come to think of it 357 seems to get the most amount of range time for me, I load 357 brass down to 38 special velocities for target shooting.
Think the biggest reason it gets the most range time is because I don't have to chase after the brass, just like the .22's.
Separate names with a comma.